“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

*sigh*

My wise, loving, comforting and very protective husband pointed out one of the top 10 tweets of 2010 to me today after--I suppose--I needed to hear it:

Most re-tweeted tweet #2: We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us.


Several friends on several different occasions acted so very sweet to me today and did some special things. Some people who I don't even know well took the time to genuinely express how excited they were about our adoption, which they had heard about from a friend of a friend... People I'm not even aware of are praying for our family.

Yet, what do I focus on? I'm guilty of letting some very negative things take centerstage.

*sigh*

After I looked up the whole list of top 10 re-tweeted tweets, to be honest... I think #10 applies just as well, despite the language.

Most re-tweeted tweet #10: Don't focus on the one guy who hates you. You don't go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog (poop).

Why do I allow myself to pick the worst spots to set up my picnic?

I have a feeling that two weeks from now, I'll look back at today and simply laugh. God is SO good and SO faithful. How silly it is to focus on anything else at times like these!

Ha! Ha, ha! I say! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...