“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Last Full Day in St. Petersburg

I can’t wait to be home where I can prepare my own food and actually eat when I’m hungry and finally get our kiddos on a proper routine. Today is our last full day in St. Petersburg. I love the city. I love the people. I don’t quite love the weather. But I love that this place has now been ingrained into our family history. Nevertheless, there’s no place like home.

We leave tomorrow evening to take an overnight train to Moscow, where we will go to the American Embassy to apply for their Visas. I probably won’t be able to get online tomorrow, but will do my best once we’re in Moscow.

Today was a good day. Celia is feeling better I believe. Both kids, however, are demanding more intimate, one-on-one time. This is definitely wonderful, particularly with adopted children. However it makes things a little difficult. I think because neither of them had ever had to share us with another child before we brought the siblings together, it’s another adjustment we’re going through. Add on to that the facts that they are grieving the loss of everything that was familiar to them and that this is the first time either of them have experienced parental love, and I can see why they would be so protective over the attention they receive from us. C won’t let me get two feet away from her and B isn’t a fan of either Mama or Papa giving his sister too much attention. When they’re on their own, however, they get along increasingly well. B fed his sister some Cheerios from his snack catcher. He even will share toys with her—those he associates with her, but not so much with the toys that are “his.”

We actually were able to eat between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. today! Woot! Derek went out and picked up blinis for us. My goodness, they are DELICIOUS! Both Derek and I were expecting each one to be the size of a sushi hand roll so Derek ordered nine (thinking we’d have what was left over for dinner). We were mistaken. These yummy pancake treats we huge! We sampled the mushroom, chicken, ham and cheese, sweetened condensed milk and sweet cottage cheese and jam filled blinis. Mmmm… I wish we had tried this place sooner!

I’m off to try to get some shut eye. There’s not much of that these days! Here’s some photos from today:

To get out of the hotel room, we’ve taken to walking the halls








And looking out our favorite window




We had fun with balloons








Bennett likes to tackle Papa






They opened their new toy, which our friends bought for our kiddos for Christmas




5 comments:

Amy said...

Still loving every word, every picture!

Kelly said...

The ballons looked like fun! Wish I would have thought of that a couple years ago :-). Enjoy the train trip....this might be your chance to catch up on some sleep.....the rocking of the train is very relaxing..maybe it will help the kiddos sleep. Here's hoping :-). Looking forward to your next installment from Moscow!

Dana said...

Loving all of this..:)

MR said...

Again, I love the pictures! You are one step closer to coming home! If you work with Masha or Pasha, tell them the Moore family says hello! I am not sure if they will remember us, but we so enjoyed our time with them. Hope your time in Moscow goes well. Still praying for you all!
Mary Rae

Peggy said...

Thanks, Kat, for taking the time to blog and keep us updated! My very favorite picture in this batch is the bottom one of Celia! I pray the train ride goes well and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Much love,
Peggy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...