“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I'm still here! Things are still moving along! (My! Are they moving...) Please forgive my absence from the blog. There has been so much to do to prepare for our kiddos' homecoming that I've just been running around like crazy!

An international adoption forum I like to peruse every now and then includes suggestions from other PAPs regarding how important it is to relax and pamper yourself before finally bringing your child/ren home. How in the WORLD do they manage to do that?

Take a long bath.
Really? When I could be making more to-do lists, or shopping for toddler snowsuits, or figuring out what we should get the caretakers at the Baby Home, or researching what I should be feeding each of my kiddos, or painting their room, or setting up their crib, or...

Get a mani/pedi and a massage or "buy yourself something special."
Um... With what money? LOL!

Enjoy your last evenings with your husband without children.
Does the hour following work events and other obligations count if most of that is spent winding down from go-go-go-days?

Please don't mistake any of my silly ramblings for griping. I wouldn't change this process for the world, as it's what is bringing our family together! Four more days until I can hold B and C once again!!!

2 comments:

K said...

Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but seriously, spend some time together with him before you bring them home!! Enjoy calling each other by your given names, before you forget what they are! All too soon you'll be referring to yourself as "Mommy" even when you're not talking to them. ;)

Jenn said...

I know there's a lot on your plate, but don't ignore your own needs in the process or you'll burn out. There will be time for all things to be done, and what is less important will wait for you. ((Hugs)) - I can't wait to follow you guys on the next part of your babies' homecoming! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...