“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa stopped by St. Petersburg today and brought presents to our sweet babies! I’m sure they don’t understand that these presents are particularly for Christmas, as they have received many new toys to play with over the last few days, but Mama and Papa sure got a kick out of them opening their stockings.





Santa also surprised me with two presents that one of his elves snuck in a suitcase. I suppose I didn’t make it on the naughty list after all.

This morning was difficult for me. Our sweet little girl’s tummy got even worse and she had a bad case of diarrhea. I was beginning to really stress about C’s health. There was even a fleeting moment when I thought that perhaps she is in worse hands with me than with the caregivers at her baby home. Surely they would know exactly what to do and have just what she needs to make her feel better. Self-doubt is a terrible beast isn’t it?

However, when Derek had to leave for an hour and a half to pick our kiddos’ passports and our babies refused to take their afternoon naps, God certainly showed his mercy on me. I have been seriously praying over the last few days that the fear and insecurities over my job as a mother would leave me, and God is so faithful. It occurred to me as I changed poor C’s diaper four times in one sitting that I need to focus on one thing at a time. Whatever I can do in this moment, I need to do my best at that. (And Derek might have mentioned that to me once or twice…) So, I changed those diapers and then B's (just one for him—though a very full one!) and enjoyed each minute as it came with the kiddos.

Some new—but very dear—friends invited us to dinner tonight, in celebration of our Christmas. Earlier this morning I seriously doubted that we would make it. C was sick, I was showered but felt I looked awful, and we were exhausted from lack of sleep and skipping lunch three days in a row. However, God gave me the extra boost I needed while D was away. He also spoke through my children to urge me on. At one point, Bennett took his and Celia’s coats and such and took each piece, one by one, to the door. I guess we were going out! B and C later played on the stack of soft bundles.





Dinner was fabulous. Being the very first time eating out with the kiddos in a group setting, we didn’t know what to expect. But they were fabulous! Sure C got fussy a few times and B (once he got over his fear of being in a new place with a bunch of unfamiliar people) was not quiet. But they were great! It was really good to get out of the hotel—something I hadn’t done in several days. (What day of the week IS it…?) Our sweet friends and the wonderful group of friends who they introduced us to definitely made the best Christmas even better!


Merry Christmas to my friends and family at home! This is the first Christmas I will not be able to talk with my parents, which makes me a bit homesick. But I know everyone understands. Friends and family, we miss you all so very much and can’t wait to bring the whole Hunter clan home! We love you!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Kat, it's so good to read your blog and keep up with you. I know there are many who have walked the path that you are walking with B and C. I'm sure they have much wisdom for you that I wouldn't have. I'm glad you have those resources!

Take care of them and yourself the best you can and know how very much you are loved!

Peggy

Melanie Fields said...

Kat, if it makes you feel any better,we all feel a little helpless when our kids are sick! Thanks again for taking the time to update us. We love all of you bunches!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to the Hunter Family! The children look sooo sweet in their jammies!

Dana said...

Kat..we all have been and will be again in your shoes..feeling like we are doing wrong and asking questions..

Thats what happens when you are a a mommy or daddy..

You are doing fine..and will have good and bad and what am I doing moments but it all will be ok in the end...

if you did not doubt anything then that would not be normal..lol

They are gorgeous..and Merry Christmas to you guys!..:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...