“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Monday, December 6, 2010

Back in the Homeland

We made it! This trip seemed much more difficult for whatever reason. I'm completely spent from hours upon hours of flying and layovers. I'm hoping the headache I've had for the last several hours (or has it been a day...?) goes away before tomorrow morning. Nevertheless, nothing is going to stop me from showing my excitement to see our kiddos tomorrow!

Our driver/translator was waiting for us just outside of the St. Petersburg airport's customs area with a huge hug and a "So glad to have you back!" We just love him. He hustled us outside into the bitter cold Russian air and into his compact car. He drives just as wild well in a foot of snow as he did back in October.

St. Petersburg is absolutely beautiful during this time of year! I'm afraid I'm too tired and out of it to do the city justice in my description at the moment, but believe me—it's magical. Of course, the fact that B and C currently live here add to the "magic!" What we Americans would consider Christmas decorations are up: decorated pine trees, tall fake trees waiting for the finishing touches before being lit, icicle lights twinkling on the sides of buildings. However, all of this is done in celebration of the "New Year," according to our driver. I can’t wait to better appreciate it when I’m more awake!

Our driver will pick us up just after 9:00 a.m. tomorrow to take us to see our babies (first one, then the other). It would be fantastic if they remember us, but even if they don’t it will be such a blessed reunion! Possible happy or frightened tears and all!

Good night friends! (Or, good afternoon to you in the states!)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Love you - Be safe and hold those babies tight!!!!!

Brent said...

Yeah, cannot wait to hear about you all seeing the kids again. Have fun, soak it up...enjoy. Life is good!

-Brent

Unknown said...

I have to still pinch myself to believe this all real for you guys! You are probably just waking up and anticipating you visit with yor children. I will be praying for you after I sign out. Love to both you!

MR said...

Glad you all made it safely! I can only imagine how beautiful it is there right now! I know the next few days will be filled with every emotion possible! Enjoy and I will be praying for you!
Mary Rae

Sloane said...

Oh my goodness... I can feel the excitement and anticipation in your post! I bet the beautiful city is that much more magical right now. It's kind of like the whole city is celebrating the birth of your new family! I love you Kat. Praying for safe travels and protection for your whole family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...