“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Saturday, December 4, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go

We're finally packed! Just a few more days until we go before a judge who will officially decide if we can be parents to B and C. Eeeek! I am so nervous can't wait!

Since this is our shortest trip, we're trying to make the most out of our luggage space. For only three full days in Russia, we don't have to pack too much clothing, and I've always been a very practical packer anyways. So, with the extra space in the two large suitcases we are allowed to bring this trip, we've packed some items that we'll need for our third trip and are allowed to leave with our translator. We have practically any over-the-counter child medication (suggested by our pediatrician) one can think of packed away. We have a few small Christmas presents. We have one snowsuit. (Try finding a decent snowsuit in a store in Tennessee. I dare you! Oh Chicago... how I miss you sometimes.) We also have two bags of infant clothing items to donate to the baby homes. Oh! And how could I forget all the gifts for the caregivers? (Remember, B and C have never met and are currently in two different baby homes, so we're bringing double.) They're small items really, but it all adds up. So, needless to say, we're stuffed to the gills right now. But better now than when we have to pack for four people for about ten days in bitter cold Russia!

My mind has been going 90 miles an hour for the last few weeks, so I haven't really had a chance to sit and truly enjoy the anticipation leading up to seeing our babies again. I think I'm finally getting there...

1 comment:

Brent said...

Enjoy your travels. We cannot wait to hear about your trip. Very happy for the 4 of you!!

-Brent

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...