“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fail Faster

My amazing husband likes to remind me of that saying quite often...

"Fail Faster."

If you're not doing something new, something daring, you're not growing. You become a stagnant, scummy pond. Ick. I don't want to be that. As hard as it is to face my fear of failure, I don't want to be that.

So, what's a #fearfast when one doesn't ever actually have to face one's fear head on? Sure, for my #fearfast, the possibility of failure was always there. I just hoped I never actually came upon it. But what would that have done? How would I have grown?

So...I failed. Like, I totally, completely bombed something. I put myself out there and failed. Ugh.


A little back story... my family and I were introduced to essential oils several months ago. They seriously have made such an amazing, positive impact on our lives. And I love seeing my friends benefit from them as well. So much so, that I just can't stop sharing them. So, since I'm sharing them anyways, I figure...why not? I took a step of faith and officially became a Wellness Advocate with doTERRA Essential Oils

I have been praying for quite some time for some type of job for me. Yes, our family can use a bit more income, but really, I just felt like I needed an outlet in which I could use my talents and feel a sense of accomplishment. I totally feel like what I do for our church, Restoration Community, matters. And there is no doubt that pastoring that church is a family calling and a team effort. But...I guess...I wanted something apart from that. A little piece of something exciting—something challenging— for which I was fully responsible.

But that meant that I would have to face my fear of it taking a nosedive before it even takes off. 

I made the decision to take this step leap plunge just a few weeks ago. I scheduled my first class, for which I pumped myself up to teach. I strongly believe in doTERRA's essential oils and have no doubt that everyone can improve their family's overall wellness with them, but taking this on was big.



And so my first class...? The one that had me facing my fear of failure...? Yeah. I faced it alright. Failure smacked me right on the forehead.

No one came. Not one person. 
None. 
Zilch. 
Zip. 

LOL! I can laugh at it. Now, anyways. Why did I think I could get by this whole Lenten #fearfast thing without actually facing my fear and failing? Silly, Kat...

So, I'm not letting it stop me! I've scheduled an Open House Launch Party for my new venture. It's tomorrow, April 11. Maybe no one will show up... But I know God is calling me to keep going. He wants me stronger than I am now. He wants me more daring than I am now—for His glory. He wants better for me than I would have for myself. So, I'm going to keep pressing on. 

Here goes nothing something...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...