“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve!

Our Christmas Eve started out rough. Our poor baby girl had a bad night. We were up with her for four hours as she cried and cried. I felt terrible that I couldn’t or just didn’t know how to ease her pain or unhappiness. So much for thinking that we bypassed the staying-up-all-night stage with a little one…
I’d say Derek and I got about two hours of sleep last night, which was not made better by the kiddos refusing to take a nap at the same time. Add into that the fact that our bodies have had to adjust to completely different time zones three times in the last three weeks. I mention all this so that I will not be judged by the photos I’m about to post.

Despite the tiredness, this has been the best Christmas Eve ever. As I look at the sleeping (at the moment) miracles in the cribs next to me, I’m reminded of the miracle that took place on Christmas centuries ago. I am and will forever be completely thankful for God’s amazing miracles.

Due to exhaustion and the fact that poor C has been up crying three times already since we put her to bed two and a half hours ago, I’m going to summarize the day through pictures:


It wasn’t all bad for sweet Celia today


B likes his stroller. …and—we’ve learned—sucking his thumb

Mommy surprised the kids with their first Christmas tree!


But I think the kiddos liked the many felt ornaments and the container that held them all better.



We decorated our tree




Ta-da! Thank you to everyone who helped make ornaments for our tree!




Brother and sister started playing together…



Finally, Papa told the Christmas story with the help of B and C’s first Christmas presents. They were a hit!



 

Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

MR said...

You look great!! Sorry you had a rough night. We can relate! Hang in there! Praying for you all! Let me know if you need anything. They are precious! I love the tree...I may have to add a felt tree to our collection here. Merry Christmas!
Mary Rae

Anonymous said...

There can certainly be some bumps in the road. Hang in there. Enjoy a nap when you can and take plenty of pics...you will really love them once you get your collective feet firmly back at home.

-Brent

Kelly said...

Oh, Kat :-)..The pics are too cute! You look great...very happy :-). LOVE the felt tree and ornaments...and how cute is the Little People Nativity! I need one of those. It will get better with Celia...I'm sure she's grieving a bit along with not feeling well. We had some time of only a few hours sleep with "I" and then it was much better. Eat something healthy when you can...it helps with the exhaustion even if sleep is hard to come by. Keep the posts coming!...but sleep if you need to :-). Love to you all!

Melanie Fields said...

Merry Christmas to the Hunter family!!

Chrissy said...

It looks like a wonderfu Christmas Eve! Such precious pictures. The nativity is a big hit here too....especially when the camel sits on top of the manger =) Merry Christmas!

Peggy said...

Oh, Kat. I so feel for you as you walk through these first days of parenthood. I remember those same feelings of helplessness when I brought Landon home from the hospital and didn't have a clue what to do with him. I'm praying God will give you and Derek peace, wisdom, and rest. I'm also praying that these days in the hotel room will somehow improve as you await your flight home. Home - how good does that word sound? It will come soon! Much love and Merry Christmas, Peggy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...