“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Would We Do Without Friends?

One of my dearest friends came over tonight to assist me with going through some items in our garage in preparation for a yard sale. (Friday, October 22 and Saturday, October 23 - come support it if you can! Or let us know if you have items to donate.) I don't know what I would have done without her help! Well... yeah... I do. I'd most likely still be out thereprobably shivering by now and keeping the moths from flying in my hairsorting through random Little People toys, deciding which I should keep and which to sell. Thank goodness for my friend Sloane!

So many people have expressed their eagerness to help us. I wish I had more things I could ask people to do. Truly, I do. I have a "To Do" list a mile long (but really, who doesn't?), but I just don't know what to tell or ask of people.

Just pray for us. As cliche as that sounds, we definitely can use it. Those who know me well at all know that I tend to worry and stress more than I probably should. With everything that needs to get done at work, in preparation for the trip and the yard sale and so much more, I'll admit, I've allowed myself to become overwhelmed. But, I keep telling myself each day, "Just do what you can do." As long as we have the necessities (passport, visa, clothes, etc.) it will be okay. I pray that when I get on that plane, I'm able to leave the stresses behind me and focus on the joys to come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...