“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Long But WONDERFUL Day!

Whew! We just got in not too long ago. The day before Derek and I left for St. Petersburg, a dear friend gave us a gift and indicated she wanted us to enjoy something we might not have done. We are so appreciative, especially after such a great night. We went to a nice restaurant and tried Russian caviar! Not the traditional, black caviar, as I could never bring myself to pay so much for 25 oz. of fish eggs. We had red caviar. It came with blini's and garnishes. I have to admit, it was SO good! And what a fun experience.



Okay, but you guys are more interested in photos of the kiddos, aren't you? Here's a brief rundown of the day, as I'm pretty tired. (Four Baby Home visits, playing with the kiddos, touring the city and a nice dinner out takes a lot out of you!)

We saw C once this morning and again this afternoon. Gosh, I love her smiles! They truly brighten up a room. I can't wait for you guys to see them in person. She loves giving "eskimo kisses." When she shakes her head with that huge grin, my heart just melts. She loves playing with a partially blownup beach ball. She had a good game of peek-a-boo with "Papa" thanks to the ball. (We're calling D "Papa," as that is the Russian word for Dad.) She also loves her Gerber biter cookies! Before we left today, we traced her foot so we would have some idea of what shoe size she will need for our third trip.





B was all boy today! He loved throwing the beach ball down the hall and watching Papa run after it. He also knows who Mama and Papa are. This morning, as we were giving him some Gerber puff treats, we would say, "One for _____" (his current first name) "One for Papa" "One for Mama" and he would feed the appropriate person. He especially loves it when we pretend to gobble his hand in the process. This afternoon, however, when I would say "One for Papa" he would look at Derek, reach out to feed him a puff, and as Derek would lean in to eat it, B would pull it away real quick and pop it in his mouth and laugh. He came up with that all on his own! He would also do the same when asked to give one to Papa, but sometimes feed it to Mama real quick instead. It was hilarious! We also finally heard him talking a little. After he would throw the ball into my bag, he would say, "Da!" which is "yes" in Russian. It's so wonderful to hear his adorable voice!





That's it for now. I'm beat!

4 comments:

melissia said...

Oh my Goodness...My heart is so full of love for these kiddos already I am so in love with the photos but more in love with their stories thru u, I so can imagine being there with you guys....love you all

MR said...

I am addicted to the daily dose of your blog! I had no idea it was possible to cry just at the sight of sweet, little finger and hands, but it is! Again, I am so glad you are enjoying your time with the kiddos and time in the city as well. It all makes me smile!
Mary Rae

Dana said...

Love their little hands and fingers...I also am crying every single time...:D...my heart is bursting with love and joy for you guys....you are both so deserving of this..:D

K said...

Awwww! Loving every word of this tale.

FYI on the shoe sizes thing though - little feet grow FAST! I'd go a size or maybe even two up from what you measured him as! Especially little guys! And I actually have a whole box of A's old shoes if you want them for C!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...