“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun in the Snow ...and on TV?!

I feel I may never catch up on blogging. I love writing so much, but find it difficult to make the time to put my thoughts and experiences down. Bear with me over the next few weeks as we continue to adjust and grow as a family of four.

Everyone asks me, "How is it going?" to which I normally reply, "Pretty good... We definitely have our hands full!" Why do I do that? In reality, things are WONDERFUL. Truly amazing. I'd say we have the family we've always dreamed of, but all this is so much more than anything we could have imagined. I think there is just something in some of us that feels we should down-play the really good things that are happening in our life.

Is it easy? No. Is it perfect and frustration-free 100 percent of the time? Of course not. But it's been the best few weeks of my life. I know that. We definitely have tantrums (some that probably have to do with their grieving process, some that are just regular toddler tantrums). We struggle off and on with our confidence in the attachment we are trying to cultivate with the kiddos. But really, things are going great.

Monday brought snow. Quite a lot for Tennessee, but a measly amount compared to Russia. Bennett didn't seem too impressed. "Six inches of snow? I'm used to six feet!" The five of us (Lexie included, sweet Bella is still at my parents' house) ventured out into the snow.



Being completely unprepared for a snow day with small children, we improvised with a plastic bin we had in the garage.

If you look closely, you'll notice I put Celia's boots on the wrong foot. Way to go, Mama!

This about sums up B and C's relationship as it stands right now:
Bennett: Why is sister sitting on me?
Celia: Weeeeee!
Bennett: Seriously, can she get off now?

A dear friend braved the weather and the roads and brought us yummy chicken and dumplings.
THANK YOU LAURIE AND SCOTT!!!

On Tuesday we had some more excitement--the kind Celia loves. News Channel 5 stopped by. I guess they read the article in our local paper about our homecoming and wanted to interview us. Showered but not "made-up," I reluctantly went along with Derek's invitation to have them come in. I just hope people give some slack to new parents when it comes to how they themselves and their house looks... Later that night, we watched ourselves on TV! Bennett loved seeing him and Papa on our big screen!
We enjoyed a delicious dinner that night, thanks to the Nichols.
Unfortunately, the green bean didn't make it any closer to C's mouth...

B was definitely a fan, though!

Coming up in the blog: the kiddos' first pediatrician visit and B's unfortunate "diagnosis."


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...