“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Thursday, November 4, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!

Happy birthday my sweet little man! I desperately wish I was with you today to help you realize just how special you are. However, I have faith that todaybecause of His infinite love (particularly for orphans) and the many that are praying for you here in the Statesour Lord is doing a fine job of showing you just that. You are in great hands, B. The best. Nevertheless, I selfishly wish you could also be snuggled up in my arms.

Ahhh... I miss B. To celebrate his birthday, I had plans to make a large Russian family meal. A very unpleasant stomach virus may have spoiled those plans, but nothing could spoil our excitement over B's big day. Derek and I went out to eat (I still didn't do much eating...) with my parents, who had exciting news to share with us. World travelers that they are, they informed us that they found an "amazing vacation deal" which will take them on a cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow this spring. How amazing is that?! They will get to see where their grandchildren spent the first part of their lives. I can't tell you what it means to me to see them so excited over the possibility of experiencing our family's heritage. Everything is just fitting together so perfectly. God has a way of doing that, doesn't he?

In addition to dinner, we stopped at Target to get the birthday boy his first birthday presents! Readers, shhh! Don't tell B what he's getting! ;-) We plan on having a birthday bash for each of our kiddos once their home, on their 1/2 birthdays. Perhaps at least one of these gifts will stay unopened for the big day!

Friends, thank you rejoicing over B's birthday with us. And thank you for understanding that, though today is a wonderful day to celebrate his birth, it's also difficult in that we can't be with him. Well... here's to many more birthdays (celebrated together) to come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday B!! Scout is a big hit around here, so I'm sure he'll love it! I pray every night that you have your two kiddos home for Christmas. I hope to find a blog post about a second trip soon!!

Unknown said...

I love the 1/2 birthday idea, Kat! Just like you to take this missed birthday and turn it into something special anyways! I hope looking forward to their 1/2 birthdays helps ease the pain. Praying for that phone call. Love you guys so much :)

Melissa said...

I can relate to how you are feeling...I really hope you will be traveling soon, and spending many more birthdays with your little blessings!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...