“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hold Our Horses

Well... it turns out we won't leave as soon as we were thinking.

There was a chance we could make trip #1 on or before September 5. Why specifically September 5, you wonder? Well, all Russian orphans must be available to be adopted in-country before they are ever made available to hopeful pre-adoptive parents internationally. It makes sense, I suppose. Russia--ideally--would like their children to stay in their county and to be adopted domestically. However, as many know, this is not always possible.

The amount of time children must be available to Russians only varies by region, but it is at least 8 months. September 5th would have been the 8-month mark for our littlest one. However, it was decided late last week that our littlest one would be put on a final regional registry for one more month. So we are to wait one more month from that decision.

So while we won't travel as soon as early September, it still looks like we could travel earlier than we first thought. Two weeks ago we both thought that we would start trip #1 in October. At the present, it looks like we may meet our little ones face-to-face in late September.

I've never felt that a week or so could make that big of a difference... but it sure does.

1 comment:

MR said...

I am so sorry I have not responded! Somehow I missed the Aug 16 post. Congratulations!!! We will continue to pray for you and your children. How exciting!! Please, please, please let me know if I can do anything for you two!

Mary Rae


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...