“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back to "Normal"

Today was my first day back to work since our trip...and since becoming a Mommy. Someone asked me what it was like to be back to my "normal" life here in Tennessee. While it's what I've known for the past few years, there just is nothing "normal" about it. Not anymore.

Being apart from our children just doesn't feel right. Even though we spent only a few hours each day with them for just six days, being with them fells like how things should always be. It feels unnatural not to be with B and C. But, despite all that, I know we are following God's path and all of this is supposed to be happening. There's a reason we have been chosen to become a family through the unique blessing of adoption, and there must be a reason for this waiting.

We showed some videos and pictures to Derek's parents today. Seeing their adorable smiles and beautiful dark, expressive eyes on the videos melts my heart and makes it ache at the same. Gosh, I miss them so much. *deep breath* We'll be together soon... I pray sooner than estimated.

On another note, preparations for the yard sale are going better than I could ever imagine! We literally have thousands of items that have been donated. I'm completely blown away by the outpouring of love and support. I will never be able to thank those of you who have donated to us enough.


Please spread the word! We would love a great turn out to help us raise some money.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...