“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Preview Service Eve And All That Is Racing Through My Mind

So, what is on a church planter's mind 12 hours before their first preview service...? Honestly, not a whole lot!

Wait, wait. Let me explain.

Crazy, direct, perfectionist, Type-A personality me ALWAYS has what feels like a bagillion things on my mind. Tonight, thanks to the peace of the Holy Spirit, an efficient and passionate God-made Launch Team, an anointed husband and the prayers of hundreds of friends around the world, I'm practically worry-free!

Why "practically," you ask? Well, the things I'm "worrying" about (and I use that term loosely), are ridiculous things, really. What if we run out of shirts? What if our preschool area isn't big enough? What if our snacks and coffee are devoured 20 minutes before service starts?

Seriously, Kat?

Yes. "What if?"

When planning for our first preview service (goodness, this isn't even our official LAUNCH!), we were optimistic. We thought, if we have 100 people at our very first service, that would just be absolutely amazing. And it would be! 50 people would be phenomenal! But God is reminding us yet again that what He has planned for those who love Him is greater than anything we can imagine! So tomorrow, "what if" we run out of food? Or free t-shirts? Or space? What if...more than we dreamed show up?


Well...that would be a very blessed problem to have! And it DEFNITELY would not be because of anything we have done. No, it is all, ALL His doing.

...and I'm humbled that He would include me in this party, even if it's just a party of 4.


And with that, I'm heading to bed before 10:00 PM on the eve of Restoration Community Church's first preview service. Crazy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...