“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm NOT Praying For Moms Today

Nope. They aren't on my prayer radar. Not today.

Sure, they're (we're!) pretty awesome and all... We give baths, wipe snotty noses (and other areas I won't mention), kiss boo-boos, pick up toys, pick up toys and pick up toys. But today my heart is focused on a different group of women. The waiting-moms-to-be.

I was there once. I felt the emptiness, the void, that seemed to be roped around my heart on Mother's Days--any day for that matter... I felt the helplessness that comes when you yearn for something so greatly, but know no amount of will or action of your own could make it so. I felt the isolation from friends who just "didn't know what to say," so said nothing at all. I felt hopeless. I felt frustrated. I felt broken.

I waited what seemed like ages until we finally had our children in our arms. I thank God so often that what seemed like an eternity, was only just over 3 years. Looking back, and knowing what I know now, we had it easy.

Once we accepted God's call for us to adopt, the weight was lifted. Actually, it evaporated. My husband and I now hope that it is God's will for us never to have biological children, but to adopt again. But there are so many of my dear friends who are still in this cycle of frustration, helplessness and pain. There are so many waiting to hold their children in their arms, however they come to be--be it through adoption or birth.

To them, and to the rest, you are not alone.


There are many who are praying for you on this particular day. There are many of us who think about how shout-outs on the radio, cheesey Sunday afternoon movies and Mother's Day sermons affect you today... So many of us love you and support you, even if we've never met.

We pray for you. We pray for your children to be. We pray for the preparation He is doing in you to be AMAZING mothers. Mothers whose compassion is unparalleled because of the hard journey you are now on.

God has great plans for you. There is no doubt. And as you wait to see these plans come to life, we will be there holding your hand, waiting for test results, waiting for a referral, waiting to hear His will for your family, and on our knees in prayer for you.

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ developing and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. Philippians 1:6

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...