“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

...Another Person's Treasure

After work today, I stopped by one of my closest friend's house to peruse some toddler items that her daughters had outgrown. In an odd way, I felt like I was sifting through treasures that I wasn't quite sure I had any business with. Let me explain.


Though people would use the phrase "paperwork pregnant" to describe the waiting stage we're in with the adoption process, sometimes I feel as if impending parenthood hasn't truly sunk in yet. Derek and I have put more work into preparing for parenthood than many people we know (if only every parent-to-be had a social worker come to their house and judge it top to bottom, or took a 560+ question personality test). We KNOW, thanks to the glorious God who guides us, that Russian adoption is the path we are meant to take at this time. We KNOW we're meant to be parents. We KNOW our children are waiting for us. However, I haven't let myself settle in with the idea that I'm going to be a mother in several months. It feels so very real, yet still so uncertain.


And perhaps that's because there are still many uncertainties. We still have an uphill journey ahead of us, complete with Russian judges, immigration documents, additional medical exams, travel expenses and other legalities. So much can happen.


Nevertheless, I have faith in God. I have faith in His plan for our lives. I have faith that He is faithful. So, while it may not have completely "sunk in" yet, I'm still excited to be collecting Fisher Price toys, shopping cart covers, creepy stuffed caterpillars, musical instruments and the like. It's all in preparation for what's to come, whether I fully comprehend that or not.


On a final note, I am so VERY thankful to our friends who are loaning us these items! I'm sure it will end up saving us a small fortune. We are beyond blessed to have such amazing friends in our lives who truly care about us and are almost as anxious as we are to bring our kiddos home! I love you!

2 comments:

Dana said...

So exciting!

Faith in Him is pretty much what got us through everything with Maggie..from years of trying and failing to finally achieving our dream and through making sure that dream come true survived..and look at us now!..:D

Faith can carry you far...:D

I pray for you guys..all 4 of you all the time..and I have a pretty great relationship with God and my faith for you guys is pretty strong!..:D

Love all the fun things that kids bring into our lives..both materialistic and not.

Toys and blankets and clothes...:D

Enjoy every second and never ever lose Faith!..<3


Weave in faith and God will find the thread.

Mrs Kobus said...

Kat and Derek...I know we have been MIA...but I check your blog often to see how things are going...It looks as though you two are making leaps and bounds towards parenthood..we are so very excited for you! We hope things continue to go well and we pray for you often. Our own lives have been quite hectic...we will have to catch up sometime. Until then bless you two! ~Anna and Jason Kobus~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...