“…once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.”
~Proverbs 24:12



Monday, January 25, 2010

ga-to-vit



готовить
"ga-to-vit"

The verb "to cook" is one of the first words we've learned in Russian, and how suiting! Derek and I are aspiring foodies. Big emphasis on aspiring.

I recently tried my first Russian dish. Granted, it was one of the easiest recipes I've ever had to follow. But I made it, and it was darn good!

I think it's so wonderful how God prepares our hearts for what's to come. Many times it happens while we're unaware, but when we can see it working... it's an exciting blessing. God has really planted great interest in both mine and Derek's heart for all things Russian. It started with setting the DVR to record anything with the keyword "Russia" (which has exposed us to everything from the the history of the Bolshevik Revolution, to a televised performance of Rihanna's "Russian Roulette"!) to now cooking Russian cuisine. Well, that's if you can even consider my 20-minute UBER easy Beef Stroganoff "cuisine."




1 12-16 oz package of frozen cooked all-beef meatballs
1 cup beef broth
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms (drained)
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon dijon mustard (I add a little bit more)
4 cups egg noodles

1. Combine meatballs, broth and mushrooms. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes
2. In a bowl, stir the sour cream and flour. Whisk in milk and mustard. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
3. Serve over hot egg noodles.
Makes 6-8 servings.



2 comments:

Mary Rae said...

Sounds tasty! I actually think it is something I could make! Thanks for sharing!

D said...

It is amazing. It may be simple but it is so good! Thanks baby for helping us to stay on task for our adoption and get to have fun along the way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...